The All-Russian Olympiad for schoolchildren is the largest intellectual competition in the country. Every year more than 6 million students participate in the event. Any student from the fifth to the eleventh grade can take part in the open school stage of the Olympiad and continue to move along the Olympic elevator according to their results and the selection rules for the next stage.
- At present, we’ve held 7 subject contests: French, Literature, Russian, Health and Safety studies, Astronomy, Arts and Social studies. We have 10 more subjects ahead. On February 25, the regional stage of the Olympiad will have its final day for Spanish and Italian competitions, - commented the Head of the NSPU Scientific and Methodogical Support Center Lyudmila V. Kachenko.
This year the Olympiad rules for the regional stage have been changed. For example:
• Participants with disabilities may attend the Olympiad with specialist assistants.
• Tasks at the regional and final stages are performed in classrooms with video recording facilities.
• Written and oral tasks will be checked by at least two jury members.
• Public observers, representatives of the Ministry of Education, Rosobrnadzor and journalists can attend the Olympiad.
The start of the final stage is scheduled for March 18. It’s important to remind that the All-Russian Olympiad for schoolchildren is organized in four stages: school, municipal, regional and final. Diplomas of the Olympiad are valid for four years and allow graduates to enter any university in the Russian Federation without entrance examinations in the profession-oriented major.